Cheryl is a founder and consulting actuary with Select Actuarial Services. She has over 20 years of experience in the property casualty actuarial field. As a member of Select Actuarial Services, she provides expert consulting services to many of our clients and provides leadership as the signing actuary for numerous projects produced by other members of the practice. Her experience includes reserve analyses, loss forecasting, probability analyses, and large loss modeling. In addition to consulting, Cheryl helps to keep Select Actuarial Services running by handling many of the day-to-day responsibilities involved in managing a small business.
Prior to the formation of Select Actuarial Services, Cheryl was an Associate Consulting Actuary with Sedgwick Actuarial Services where she served for more than four years. Prior to joining Sedgwick in 1994, she worked for the Tennessee Department of Insurance in the Property and Casualty Rating section.
Cheryl holds a Bachelor of Science degree from the University of Mississippi in Mathematics and a Master of Science degree from Vanderbilt University in Mathematics. She is a Fellow of the Casualty Actuarial Society and a Member of the American Academy of Actuaries. She is an active member of the CAS and has served on the Examination Committee of the Society.
Partner and Consulting Actuary
- Founding Member of Select Actuarial Services in 1999
- Consulting Actuary, Sedgwick Actuarial Services, 1994-1999
- Tennessee Department of Insurance, 1993-1994
- Active on CAS Examination Committee, 2000-2011
- Regularly attends CAS meetings and Loss Reserve Seminar
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mathematics, University of Mississippi
- Master of Science Degree in Mathematics, Vanderbilt University
- Obtained FCAS designation in 1999