For many years, Jack has enjoyed the study of mathematics with a keen interest in statistics and probability. After a five-year period in education, he transitioned into the actuarial profession. Jack began his career with Select in October of 2012 and became a Partner in January of 2018.
Jack provides professional actuarial consulting services to a wide variety of clients, including self-insured public and private entities, captives, and risk pools. His primary area of expertise is the reserving and forecasting of losses for workers compensation, automobile liability, general liability, and property. He is interested in troubleshooting data quality issues and improving the efficiency of data analysis. Jack enjoys meeting with and getting to know clients in various parts of the country.
Partner and Consulting Actuary
- Actuarial Analyst at Appalachian Underwriters, Inc.
- Mathematics Educator, Williamson County Schools, TN
- Associate of the Casualty Actuarial Society
- Member of the American Academy of Actuaries
- Bachelor of Science in Mathematics with a minor in Secondary Education from Middle Tennessee State University; summa cum laude
- Completed CAS Exam 8 – Advanced Ratemaking, toward attainment of Fellowship in the Casualty Actuarial Society