Thomas has over 20 years of property/casualty actuarial consulting experience and is one of the founding members of Select Actuarial Services. As a senior consulting actuary he provides expert services to a wide range of Select clients helping them maintain and design strong risk management programs.
Along with traditional property/casualty actuarial work, Thomas also has experience with more non-traditional coverages such as trade credit risk, management risk, pollution, product liability, and health insurance stop loss. His experience with these lines includes reserve analyses, loss forecasting, probability analyses, rate level analyses, large loss modeling, and capital adequacy analyses.
Thomas has been a speaker at conferences across the country and across several industry groups, including at the Tennessee Captive Insurance Association and the Association of Governmental Risk Pools annual conferences. He always enjoys the opportunity to discuss actuarial basics and introductory topics to board members and those new to the insurance world, but also the opportunity to dive into more complex topics such as capital analyses and modeling.
Partner and Consulting Actuary
- Founding member of Select Actuarial Services in 1999
- Actuarial Analyst, Sedgwick Actuarial Services, 1998-1999
- Obtained Associateship in the CAS in 2005 and his Fellowship in 2007
- Member of the American Academy of Actuaries
- Regularly attends meetings of the CAS and the Loss Reserve Seminar
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mathematics, University of Notre Dame